“Caring Santa” is once again coming to malls nationwide on Nov. 22 and Dec. 6. Children with special needs and their families can participate in the time-honored tradition of taking a photo with Santa, but in private sensory-friendly setting before the mall opens to the public. Malls will make necessary adjustments to the environment to support the sensory, physical and other developmental needs of children of all abilities for this special event.
Families and those interested in participating can find if there is a Simon Mall near them that will be hosting “Caring Santa” and RSVP at www.CaringSanta.com to hold their spot.
Illinois locations are:
- Orland Park: Orland Square Mall – 11/22
- Gurnee: Gurnee Mills – 12/06
- Peoria: Northwoods – 12/06
- Schaumburg: Woodfield Mall – 12/06
- Springfield: White Oaks Mall – 12/06