Other LETR 50th Activities
Be Part of the Celebration
Special Olympics International, Special Olympics Illinois and Special Children’s Charities/Special Olympics Chicago are uniting to host nearly a week of exciting events to celebrate the first 50 years of Special Olympics and to launch the movement into the future.
Events planned for July 2018 in Chicago include:
- First-Ever Special Olympics Unified Cup – Be sure to join us for the Unified Cup Championship matches at Toyota Park on Friday, July 20. Click here to get your FREE tickets!
- Global Day of Inclusion – On July 21, Special Olympics invites you to return to Solider Field – the birthplace of the movement – to celebrate the Global Day of Inclusion! This FREE festival will offer sports, interactive games, exhibits, delicious food offerings and live entertainment!
- Commemorative Torch Run – Join Law Enforcement personnel, Special Olympics athletes and general supporters as we carry the Flame of Hope through Chicago to the Eternal Flame Ceremony at Soldier Field.
- Global day of Inclusion Concert – Social Function Productions, Chance the Rapper’s production company and Special Olympics have partnered to produce the Special Olympics 50th Anniversary Celebration Concert featuring headline performances by Chance the Rapper and musical performances by Usher, Francis & the Lights, Smokey Robinson, Daya, Jason Mraz and O.A.R. Click here to purchase your tickets and be part of this historic celebration.
- For more information on these other opportunities please visit specialolympics50.org