Assistant Director – Technology
- Benchmarks, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversees provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Responsible for back-end website operations.
- Work with other organizations and staff to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Provides training to staff on various technology solutions
- Keeps current with the latest technologies and develop requests for proposals on new initiatives.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Develops and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision
- Negotiates and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment
- Establishes and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
- Diagnoses and resolves technical problems, prevents problem escalation and provides solution tracking
- Maintains databases and libraries, including systems security functions, and designs and maintains systems documentation according to applicable policy and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science or related Field or 6+ years’ management experience in an IT environment
- At least 5 years’ experience with technical project and program management and delivery
- Strong organizational skills, including program/project governance and increased levels of staff oversight.
- Experience providing IT solutions in a nonprofit environment preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Software development/Program abilities preferred
- Ability to develop key business partnerships both internal and external, & build peer relationships.
- A demonstrated strategic thinker, leader, visionary, influencer, consultant and change agent.
- Ability to work effectively in areas of ambiguity and capable of creating solutions to complex problems.
- Strong interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence, and networking skills
- Experience with educational and/or ecommerce technologies
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence, build consensus and negotiate both internally and externally
- Experience with WordPress and various web technologies preferred
- Based out of Headquarters Office in Normal, IL
- Reports to Director – Technology
- Monday through Friday with evenings and weekends as the position demands
- Schedule includes occasional travel to Field offices and other venues
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Excellent vacation, medical, dental, vision, and disability benefits; 401(k) and matching contributions
HOW TO APPLY: