The Administration Intern will support the Executive Assistant to the President/CEO on all aspects relating to the Board of Directors and the Foundation Board as well as special events relating to outreach for Special Olympics Illinois. Assist Executive Assistant to the President/CEO in the following areas:
- Research and implement a streamlined board packet to enhance Board and Foundation meetings (electronic packets as well as hard copy).
- Research and recommend best practices in board communication and board governance.
- Research and recommend venues for various meetings (Board, Foundation).
- Compile documents needed for meetings as well as assist in follow up after meetings.
- Design and creation of monthly Scorecard newsletter.
- Help with day-to-day office work such as filing, data entry and inventory.
- Internship can be done for course credit or not for credit
- High School diploma
- PC: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Can manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail required
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to work independently with scheduled regular contact with supervisor
- Professional attire and conduct
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift over 40 lbs.
- Spring 2015 and/or Summer 2015 semester
- Based out of Normal, IL 8-10 hours per week with evenings as the position demands
How to Apply
Fill out the online application at http://www.soill.org/careers/internship-studentworker-application-form/ and type “Administration Internship” when asked about “Applying for a Specific Position”.