We are pleased to announce the winners of our Share Your Story Contest!
Special Olympics Illinois received so many good stories that were shared by athletes, family members, coaches, volunteers and law enforcement officers! We want to thank everyone who took the time to submit their story – each story touched the hearts of the committee members in its own unique way.
The Top 5 winning stories are:
- “My Big Sis, My Hero” by Justin Grammer
- “Blossoming as a Falcon” by Martin Touchette
- “Getting Hooked on Special Olympics” by Eric Baumann
- “Building a Community” by Danielle Jania
- “We All Need to Connect” by Angela Kallenbach
- Grand Prize: Justin’s story will be featured in a statewide promotion, in the e-newsletter and will be the lead story on the website and in social media in the coming months. Justin will also be recognized as our honorary Chair (representing SOILL) and receive 4 tickets to attend the premiere First Look for Charity, the black-tie preview event prior to the opening of the Chicago Auto Show in February. Additional prize(s) to be determined.
- Second & Third Prizes: Stories will be posted on the website and in social media and will be part of the e-newsletter in the coming months. Additional prize(s) to be determined.
- Fourth & Fifth Prizes: Stories will be posted on the website in the coming months. Additional prize(s) to be determined.
Just because the contest is over for this year, doesn’t mean we don’t want your stories. Please continue to submit your stories – we love to hear how Special Olympics has transformed your life or the lives of your loved ones!