ALPS and Families Internship
- Assist Director of Athlete Leadership Programs (ALPs) & Families with program development and implementation of enhanced opportunities and experiences for the athlete leaders and families of Special Olympics Illinois focusing on education, outreach and awareness
- Support family initiatives in the 18 area programs throughout the state.
- Assist in managing social media outlets including research of content, scheduling, posting & reporting.
- Engage and educate families via mailings, email and enews content.
- Assist in the research, screening and solicitation of potential sponsors.
- Establish communication with committees and staff including Area Directors.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls where appropriate.
- Internship must be taken for college credit.
- No experience necessary, but must have completed at least 4 semesters of college or community college coursework.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have ability to work independently and scheduled regular contact with supervisor
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Google Docs.
- Proficient in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Based out of Normal, IL 8-20 hours per week with some evenings and weekends as the position demands.
How to Apply
Fill out the online application at http://www.soill.org/careers/internship-studentworker-application-form/ and select “Athlete Leadership Programs & Families” from the drop down when asked about “Applying for a Specific Position”.