Special Olympics Illinois was represented at the Special Olympics North America Golf Invitational Tournament at Port Royal Golf Club in Hilton Head, S.C., by 8 athletes, 3 Unified Partners, 1 coach and 1 head of delegation, all from the Chicago Park District program.
More than 220 golfers from 19 U.S. and Canadian Special Olympics Programs participated in all five levels of Special Olympics golf competition at the event Sept. 10-13.
- Level 1 – Skills: Jeremy Davis, Lewis Taylor and Ashley Reed
- Level 2 – 9-Hole Alternate Shot Unified: Sean Hurley & Pat Molloy
- Level 3 – 18-Hole Alternate Shot Unified: Charles McDaniels & Drew Burlak and Paul Kozora & Juan Espejo
- Level 4 – 9-Hole Traditional Play: Greg Donis and Barbara Kozdron
- Caddies: Victor Winson was the caddie for Gary Donis and Zachary Fox was the caddie for Barbara Kozdron
- Coach was Colleen Fitzgibbon; Head of Delegation was Ryan Rogers
Special Olympics Board of Directors Vice Chair Stephen Carter spoke at the Opening Ceremony, along with honored guests and representatives from presenting sponsor KPMG and leading sponsor USGA.
Results can be found here and photos can be found on the SONA Flickr page.
Big thanks to Special Olympics South Carolina for their collaboration and support of this event!