UCS eSports Internship
Position Title: Intern, Unified Champion Schools, esports & gaming
Location: Lombard or Normal, Illinois (Partially Virtual)
Department: Program Services – Unified Champion Schools
Reports to: Jennifer Kelso, Unified Champion Schools / Mac Dougan, Digital Engagement
Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week (some flexibility possible)
Date Range: Approximately May 1 – August 31 (Depending on candidate school schedule)
Position Summary: This position will support the development of esports and gaming with a focus on school environments that combine students with and without intellectual disabilities (Unified). This role will primarily support Special Olympics staff and school staff with project management, implementation, and evaluation in addition to esport event management opportunities.
- Work with Special Olympics staff and partner organizations to refine esports plans and implementation processes
- Lead regular input and collaboration calls with various stakeholders
- Develop surveys to be used for evaluating the esports & gaming programs
- Compile and present written reports that articulate the results of the test programs
- Assist with identifying potential partner organizations and resources to support implementation
- Develop and present trainings on esports for Special Olympics staff and stakeholders
- Create, Implement, Monitor and Evaluate esports competitions and events
- Provide recommendations for accessibility and future Unified esports implementation
- Other duties as assigned
- Create toolkit of materials for implementation of Unified esports including such things as: getting started checklists, tip sheets, accessibility strategies, fitness/wellness integration, code of conduct, sample budgets
- Webinar or online training introducing esports to Special Olympics staff, youth leaders and educators
- Recruitment and Outreach Plan to help grow participation in esports.
- Tracking project expenses & identifying best practices for Unified esports budgeting to inform esports guidance
- High school graduate
- Comfortable with leading Zoom calls and meetings
- Proven computer skills, specifically: Email, Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent verbal communication, accountability and organizational skills
- Professional Email communication & ability to respond to all emails within 24 hours (during the business week)
- Self-reliant and ability to work independently
- Experience with Special Olympics
- Passion for esports/gaming
- Experience in coordinating esports events or interest in esports careers
- Knowledge of Social Media and it use to advance organizational goals.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this internship position, please click the button below and fill out the application!