Position Title: Intern, Unified Champion Schools, Programs
Location: Lombard or Normal, Illinois (Partially Virtual)
Department: Program Services – Unified Champion Schools
Reports to: Jennifer Kelso / Jillian Hosteny , Unified Champion Schools
Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week (some flexibility possible)
Date Range: Approximately May 1 – August 31 (Depending on candidate school schedule)
Position Summary: This position will support the growth of Unified programming with a focus on school environments. This role will primarily support Special Olympics Illinois staff and school staff with project management, implementation, and evaluation.
- Participate in department meetings and activities respective to the role
- Create and develop programs alongside the UCS Team to capture and engage schools in the unified movement
- Contribute internal processes related to data, operations, and reporting
- Assist with resource development to enhance current Unified Sports, Youth Leadership, and Whole School Engagement programming
- Assist with volunteer management (in person or virtually) and recruitment when necessary
- Assist with planning and coordination of unified events related to sports, summits, and meetings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the UCS Team
- This internship will be interest focused to create a mutually beneficial opportunity for the successful candidate and their long term professional goals. One agreed upon project will be researched, complied and presented upon internship completion.
- Webinar or online training introducing project to Special Olympics staff, youth leaders and educators
- Recruitment and Outreach Plan to help grow participation through desired project.
- High school graduate
- Comfortable with leading Zoom calls and meetings
- Proven computer skills, specifically: Email, Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent verbal communication, accountability and organizational skills
- Professional Email communication & ability to respond to all emails within 24 hours (during the business week)
- Self-reliant and ability to work independently
- Experience with Special Olympics
- Passion to reach more athletes and partners, raise more resources and enhance the experience of events and programming.
- Experience in coordinating events
- Knowledge of Social Media and it use to advance organizational goals.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this internship position, please click the button below and fill out the application!