We have the perfect way for you to raise money for Special Olympics Illinois and show the world you are a true RAGING BULL! Simply register, raise funds and ride the distance of a 5k, 10k or Marathon (26.2 Miles) on Six Flags Great America’s world class roller coasters.Fund raise $150 ($100 if you are a current season pass holder) and ride a total of a 5k (16,405ft), or about six rides depending on which ones you choose, it is as simple as that. If you have the heart of a GOLIATH and want to do a little more you can raise $300 and ride a total of a 10k (32,810ft). For those of you that have the DEMON in you, go for the Marathon! Fundraising a minimum of $1,000 and riding a full 26.2 miles! Have your scorecard stamped as you exit each ride, and we will tally your total distance when you check in at the scoring table upon completion.
You will be able to pick up your shirt, parking and entrance ticket prior to the Coaster Challenge to avoid having to stand in line on the day of the event. Each participant will also need to turn in a participant waiver. We will have these available to sign onsite. Packet pick-up dates to be announced later.
- September, 23 – 500 Waters Edge, Ste. 100, Lombard, IL, 10 am – 6 pm
- September, 23 – Gurnee location TBA, 10 am – 1 pm
Participants must come to packet pick-up to receive the free parking voucher. Those not needing the free parking voucher may pick up shirts, sign waivers and collect tickets and other information on Sunday, September 25, at the main gate at Six Flags Great America. The registration area outside the park gates will be open from 8 a.m. to noon on the day of the event.
If you are picking up a packet for another individual, you must bring the original signed waiver along with their offline donations.
** We ask all participants to wear their Coaster Challenge shirt during the extended ride time from 9-11 a.m.
Not interested in riding the coaster but still want to be involved? We are looking for great volunteers to help out with this event. Click here to sign-up as a volunteer.
What are the benefits?
5k Benefits ($150 Fundraising or $100 if you are a current season pass holder)
- Free Entrance into Six Flags Great America (Value $68.99)
- Parking Pass (Value $25.00) – If packet is picked up prior to day of event
- Free Breakfast
- Official Coaster Challenge Athletic Shirt
- Tracking Pass
- Medal upon Completion
- Entrance via The FLASH Pass for easy access to rides until 1pm
- Early Access to Raging Bull and one surprise coaster prior to park opening starting at 9am. Priority of seats will be given to those completing the Marathon then 10k, then 5k.
10k and $300 Fundraising Benefits
- All of the above
- Official Coaster Challenge backpack
- Lunch Voucher for day of the event
- Entrance via The FLASH Pass for easy access to rides until 3pm.
- All above mentioned prizes
- Official Coaster Challenge Reflex fitness band
- Entrance via The FLASH Pass for easy access to rides until 3pm
- 2016 Return Ticket for the park
Marathon and $1,000 Fundraising
- All above mentioned prizes
- Signature Coaster Challenge Nike Training Jacket
- Upgrade your 2016 Return Ticket to a 2016 Six Flags Great America Season Pass
- Ability to ride continuously on Raging Bull and one surprise coaster from 9am – 11am when park opens.
- Entrance via The FLASH Pass for easy access to rides ALL DAY!