Athlete Leadership Health Messenger Training Part 2
Are you a Special Olympics athlete who is passionate about your health? Are you interested in leading other athletes to become healthier?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you should consider applying to participate in the Special Olympics Illinois Health Messenger Leadership Training!
The Health Messenger program is empowering athletes to:
- Develop healthy lifestyles.
- Influence other athletes to lead healthier lives.
- Advocate within their communities for inclusion around health and wellness services, education and resources.
- Develop leaders to advocate for the health needs of people with ID.
Part 1: Tuesday, March 16 4:00pm – 5:30pm
– Intro & Health Overview, Physical Activity, Nutrition & Hydration
Part 2: Tuesday, March 23, 4:00pm – 5:30pm
– Emotional Health, Communication, How to Advocate, Practicum & Wrap Up
Applicants must complete and submit the “Athlete Leadership – Health Messenger Application via Google Forms by March 5.
Athletes will be notified by March 9 if they have been selected to participate in the Health Messenger Training.