2021 Dunkin’ Partnership
2021 marks the 18th Anniversary of the Dunkin’ partnership with the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Illinois! This event has been a huge success over the years; in fact, more than $5.75 million has been raised in Illinois during this great partnership!
This year’s Cop on Rooftop event is tentatively scheduled statewide for Friday, August 20, 2021, from 5 a.m. to 12 p.m. In 2019, 315 locations participated and raised more than $957,000. Due to the pandemic we were unable to host this event in 2020. Save the date to join Illinois LETR as we return to Dunkin’ and make 2021 a record year for the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois!!
Our annual LETR Dunkin’ event is a fun, unique and easy way to raise money for the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois. If your department is interested in participating in this year’s event please follow the information below.
Location Request Process:
1. Any department interested in holding this event should view this list of Dunkin’ locations that are eligible to participate in the 2021 promotion.
2. Department must then submit their location request online by completing the form below. You will need to know the exact address of the store location(s) you would like to host your event(s) at. Deadline to request a store is noon on June 30. DO NOT CONTACT THE LOCAL STORE OR PROMOTE YOUR EVENT PUBLICALY AT THIS TIME!
3. Dunkin’ corporate office will coordinate with their Ops team to verify the store is available. Dunkin’ calls for approval from the franchisee.
4. Special Olympics Illinois team will then confirms commitment with the local city/police.
5. Once approved by Dunkin’, officers can then contact the local store owner/manager to organize event details and promote their 2021 event publicly.
6. Remember, all store and law enforcement commitments need to be requested no later than noon on June 30.
As a reminder, all outreach for radio, television or print media support must be cleared through Special Olympics Illinois and Dunkin’. Send those requests to Sandy Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A final decision regarding the 2021 partnership will be made in July. Information regarding event promotion and location approvals will be shared after that date.
For questions regarding this event, please contact Sandy Nash at 618-974-9010 or email email@example.com.
Dunkin' Location Request Form