2023 DUNKIN’ COP ON A ROOFTOP
THANK YOU! Thank you to everyone who helped raise more than $925,000 across 315 locations for the 21,000 athletes of Special Olympics Illinois!
2023 marked the 20th Anniversary of the Dunkin’ and Illinois Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Illinois partnership. This partnership has been a huge success over the years; in fact, more than $7.6 million has been raised in Illinois!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The 2023 Cop on a Rooftop event is scheduled statewide for Friday, MAY 19 from 5 a.m. to 12 p.m. Law enforcement officers are needed to staff Dunkin’ locations in their local communities to rally support for Special Olympics athletes. Each guest who makes a donation to the Torch Run will receive a coupon for a free donut. Guests who donate $10 or more will receive a LETR/ Dunkin’ branded travel mug (while supplies last) and a coupon for a free medium hot coffee.
Cop on a Rooftop is a fun, unique and easy way to raise money for the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois.
If have questions on this event, please contact Taylor Wiscons at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-860-2332.
LETR Cop on a rooftop – Location Process
- Please review the 2023 Available Location List CLICK HERE for the eligible Dunkin’ locations for the Cop on a Rooftop promotion.
- Fill out the the above Location Request Form (note: Please DO NOT contact the local store or start promotion of this event publicly at this time)
- Location Requests will be reviewed by Dunkin’ and franchisees.
- Special Olympics Illinois team will contact you with confirmation of Approved Locations.
- Once approval has been given, Coordinating Officers are encouraged to contact the local store owner/ manager to organize event details and promote their 2023 event publicly.
As a reminder, all outreach for radio and television media support must be cleared through Special Olympics Illinois and Dunkin’. Send those requests to Taylor Wiscons at email@example.com.
Sample press releases for local media will be available in April.
Athlete Volunteers Needed
Each year, hundreds of law enforcement officers take to their local Dunkin’s to raise funds and awareness for Special Olympics Illinois. There is nothing our officers love more than to have SO Athletes and Families join them in their efforts. Check back in early summer for information on how to sign up to support your local LETR Department on Friday, May 19!