Virtual Bocce and Softball
We are excited to announce we have developed and created a new opportunity for our constituents called Virtual Sports. This unique virtual experience will help to engage athletes, coaches and families from across Illinois and give them the chance to showcase their athletic skill and their incredible “Let me be Brave in the attempt” attitude! It will also help keep the competitive spirit of our athletes alive!
Who is eligible to participate?
- Anyone with an intellectual or cognitive disability is eligible.
- Unified Partners are encouraged to participate in the Unified competitions.*
- Agencies that are currently practicing for sports are encouraged to enter.
- Athletes can enter as individuals or Agencies can enter as a Delegation.
- If you do enter as a Delegation you will need to complete the Screening and Tracing form in case there is a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 on your team.
- Coaches are encouraged to reach out and coach their athletes*. Parents are encouraged to become Coaches to their athletes at homes.
*Please keep in mind the CDC and IDPH guidelines about contact and social distancing if your Partner or Athlete does not share your residence.*
What do I need before I participate?
- Valid Medicals, Valid Class A forms and Valid Unified Partner forms are not required to compete. If you know someone who has encountered barriers to competing with Special Olympics Illinois because of issues related to getting these forms completed, this is a great way to get them involved.
- A virtual waiver will be required for each participant unless they have a valid Medical Application on file.
Please visit https://www.soill.org/virtual-sports/ for more information and registration information.