Virtual Special Olympics Family Festival
Special Olympics Family Festival goes virtual for 2020!
Consolidated Communications, along with partners First Mid Bank & Trust, Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center and Special Olympics Illinois are committed to continuing the tradition of the Special Olympics Family Festival; honoring and recognizing the athletes and families of Special Olympics Illinois. This year we’re celebrating SOFF’s 36th anniversary virtually. While some things have changed, a number of exciting events have remained.
Every athlete that’s registered will receive a SOFF backpack with an Athlete SOFF t-shirt, face mask, water bottle, hand sanitizer, a Jimmy John’s certificate for a free sandwich, temporary tattoos, SOFF ribbon, selfie frame, a SOFF medal and other goodies.
SOFF Bags pick up times and locations are below. If you have not selected a time / date for pick up please email Vanessa Duncan or call 217-273-4485.
- Olney Community Park, by flag pole in front of the community building, delivery to Hank Ginder on Monday, September 14th, 2020 at 10:00am. Hank will make the Olney deliveries.
- Charleston – Monday, September 14th, 2020 from 12:00pm – 2:00pm at Morton Park, 1215 Division Street, Charleston, IL. Delivery will be made to CCAR and CTF.
- Mattoon –Monday, September 14th, 2020 from 10:00am – 2:00pm at the Consolidated Communications, Rutledge Building, 2100 S. 17th Street (Behind Pilson’s Auto Body on Lake Land Blvd.), Mattoon, IL at the canopy setup outside.
- Springfield – Tuesday, September 15, 2020 from 10:00am – 12:00pm at the Special Olympics IL Springfield Office (Region H), 900 Christopher Lane, Suite 7, Springfield, IL
- Decatur – Tuesday, September 15, 2020 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm at the Special Olympics IL Decatur Office (Region I Headquarters), 1950 N. Water Street, Decatur, IL
- Champaign – Wednesday, September 16th, 2020 from 10:00am – 12:00pm at the Special Olympics IL Champaign Office (Region I Sports Office), 902 N. County Fair Drive, Suite 7, Champaign, IL
You can still participate in SOFF 2020 – Virtually the Best!
We can’t be together for the Special Olympics Family Festival this year, but you can still show your support for the event when you purchase a SOFF 2020 – Virtually the Best! t-shirt. Available in red and aqua, this year’s shirt features a relaxed cotton material and special “virtual” theme icon.
Go here to reserve your t-shirt through Wave Graphics. Shirts are $20 each and will be shipped outside of Coles County at no additional charge. SOFF face masks are also available to purchase for $5 by contacting Laura Diltz. Orders will be accepted through Sept. 8 and pick up for both items will be at the Consolidated Communications Corporate Building back parking lot, 121 S. 17th Street, Mattoon, on Wednesday, Sept. 16, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Virtual SOFF event will be available beginning on Saturday, Sept. 19 at 10 a.m. CT. Since SOFF 2020 is a virtual event and pre-recorded, you can watch it at any time and as many times as you want! Links to SOFF 2020 will be available on the Special Olympics Family Festival Facebook page, Region I’s Facebook Page,the SOFF Twitter and Instagram pages as well.
It will feature SOFF favorites like Region I’s very own Athlete Kari Kinnett singing the National Anthem, Elvis Himselvis, Santa Claus and Bub & Renee from WMCI 101.3. The virtual event also features an energetic dance-a-long to the Chicken Dance, mini exercise breaks, Closing Ceremonies and more. You won’t want to miss this unique SOFF experience.
You can follow SOFF on social media for updates and more details:
Facebook – Special Olympics Family Festival Facebook
Twitter – MySOFFtweets
Instagram – MySOFFsnaps