Unified Champion Schools Virtual Fitness
The Special Olympics Illinois UCS team is taking Unified Fitness virtual this year!
Participating in Virtual Unified Fitness qualifies as participating in a Unified Sport within the Unified Champion Schools Strategy.
We will be offering a total of 5 sessions throughout the year. Each week schools will receive 5 work outs:
- 2 Pre-Recorded Workout Videos
- 2 Written Workouts
- 1 Invite to a Live Workout that will be recorded and shared.
In addition to these great weekly workouts, schools that register and turn in a roster of participating students with a 1:1 ratio (1 SOILL Athlete to 1 SOILL Unified Partner) will receive equipment kits to give out to the students on their rosters! Rosters must have the 1:1 ratio or they will not qualify to receive the kits.
These kits contain:
- A Jump Rope
- 4 Small Dome Cones
- A 5 lb Resistance Band
- A Deck of Cards
- A Pair of Dice
- A Step Tracker
- A Cinch Backpack
To receive the kits, the roster needs to meet the following criteria in addition to the 1:1 ratio:
- All Athletes on the roster must have a valid Medical Application and Virtual Waiver on file with Special Olympics Illinois
- All Unified Partners on the roster must have a valid Unified Partner Class A and Virtual Waiver on file with Special Olympics Illinois
- All Contacts or Coaches registering a roster must have a valid Coach Class A and Virtual Waiver on file with Special Olympics Illinois
The Session Dates for Unified Fitness are:
Session 1: September 20th – October 30th
Session 2: November 1st – December 18th
Session 3: January 17th – February 26th
Session 4: February 28th – April 2nd
Session 5: April 4th – April 30th
Looking to get started?
We invite all athletes, coaches, family and friends to break a sweat with us! Workouts are designed to challenge every ability level and exercise modifications will be shown.