O’Hare Plane Pull
What is the Plane Pull?
The O’Hare Plane Pull features the ultimate tug-of-war competition, as a team of up to 20 battle a UPS Airbus A300 or United Airlines 737, weighing nearly 180,000 lbs. That is right, two planes each weighing nearly 90 tons!
Each team must raise a minimum of $1,000 to participate (only $50 per person for a team of 20). Special Olympics Illinois and the Law Enforcement Torch Run will host the 8th Annual Plane Pull on September 10, 2016 at O’Hare International Airport.
Teams compete in one of three divisions:
- Open Division (idea for companies, school teams, gyms, CrossFit’s, clubs, friends and families)
- Public Safety Division (law enforcement, fire fighters, EMTs, paramedics, DNR, DOC and military personnel; teams need at least 10 public safety competitors to qualify)
- Hotel Division (solely for groups in the hotel industry)
All proceeds collected through the Plane Pull benefit the more than 22,000 traditional athletes and more than 20,000 Young Athletes (ages 2-7) currently participating with Special Olympics Illinois.
Questions on this event? Please contact Sandy Nash.
Special Olympics Illinois and the Law Enforcement Torch Run are currently seeking sponsors for our Inaugural Southern Illinois Plane Pull. If you or business are interested in partnering with this event, please contact Sandy Nash at 800-394-0562.
Special Olympics Illinois would be happy to customize a benefit package to fit your company’s needs. To view a list of standard benefits packages, click here.
Sponsorship levels include:
- Presenting Sponsorship: $30,000
- Platinum Level: $20,000
- Gold Level: $10,000
- Silver Level: $5,000
- Bronze Level: $2,500
- Exhibitor: $1,000
- Sampling: $500
- 2016 O’Hare Plane Pull Guide
- 2016 O’Hare Plane Pull Flyer
- Plane Pull Email Banner
- Illinois Plane Pull – Sponsorship Packages 2016
- Sample Donation Letter – 2016 O’Hare Plane Pull
- 2016 O’Hare Plane Pull Offline Donation Tracking Form
- O’Hare Plane Pull Business Cards and Donor Receipts
- 2016 Plane Pull Team Captain Form – Roster
- 2016 O’Hare Plane Pull Waiver