Save the Date!
The 2018 RowRaiser kick off is July 7, 2018. Stay tuned for more details.
Contact heather Davis to sign up your box/gym as an official location by emailing email@example.com
What is the Row Raiser?
Teams of 10 will pull on a row machine the distance of a marathon (26.2 miles) in the shortest amount of time. The event with begin with an Opening Ceremony at 9 a.m. and rowing will begin immediately afterward.
Awards will be given in a variety of categories. Proceeds benefit the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois.
2018 Participating Boxes
- Crossfit Bloomington-Normal – 401 Bronco Dr. Unit D, Bloomington
- Crossfit Defined – 3834 N. Broadway St., Chicago (July 14)
- Crossfit Four D – 888 Third Ave., Unit A, Morris
- Crossfit Henosis – 500 N. Oakland Ave., Carbondale
- Crossfit Influence – 708 Walnut Circle, Wapella
- Crossfit Invalesco – 22005 Howell Dr., New Lenox
- Crossfit Pally – 540 W. Colfax, Palatine
- Crossfit Thunderbolt – 110F Kirkland Circle, Oswego
- Crossfit Turbine – 330 S. Main Place, Carol Stream
- Flatlander Fitness – 333 N. Randall Rd., St. Charles, IL
- Goose Island Crossfit – 1750 N. Kingsbury St., Chicago
- Jones Chiropractic Gym – 1225 N. Main St., Chatham
- Qtown Crossfit – 3800 Broadway, Quincy
- Unyoked Crossfit – 2413 Village Green Pl., Champaign
- Wells Street Crossfit – 1219 Wells St., Chicago
Quote of the year:
I love CrossFit, I love all of you. Thank you for today. It is by grace that I can do this. – Anonymous SO Athlete and rower
History of the Event
The first Row Raiser was held in Quincy in 2015. Organized by CrossFit athlete Sam Dancer, the first event raised $10,000 for Special Olympics Illinois. This year, the Row Raiser is being held in 12 Illinois cities with the goal of raising $100,000.
Since partnering with Special Olympics Illinois Southwestern/Area 11, Sam Dancer and his staff opened their hearts to training a few “special” athletes. This has made QTOWN CrossFit a model of inclusion for the CrossFit community. As the relationships grew, so did the desire to impact more Special Olympics athletes through raising funds and awareness statewide. This is where YOU come in.
Best Row times:
- 1st – Team RSP Crossfit: 2:15:50
- 2nd – Team Crossfit Oswego: 2:19:30
- 3rd – Team Flops Qtown: 2:22:00