Thank you to all the athletes, rowers, volunteers and boxes who helped to make this a great event. This year we had 722 participants, who helped to raise more than $41,000! (see below for breakdown)
- Qtown Crossfit – $14,363
- Crossfit Bloomington – $7,802
- Crossfit Henosis – $4,950
- Crossfit Galena – $3,225
- Lincoln Park Crossfit – $2,498
- Crossfit Influence – $2,167
- Crossfit Defined – $2,100
- Crossfit 350 – $2,000
- Crossfit Pally – $1,550
- Crossfit 333 – $500
- Unyoked Crossfit – $250
Quote of the year:
I love CrossFit, I love all of you. Thank you for today. It is by grace that I can do this. – Anonymous SO Athlete and rower
What is the Row Raiser?
Teams of 10 will pull on a row machine the distance of a marathon (26.2 miles) in the shortest amount of time. The event with begin with an Opening Ceremony at 9 a.m. and rowing will begin immediately afterward.
Awards will be given in a variety of categories. Proceeds benefit the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois.
History of the Event
The first Row Raiser was held in Quincy in 2015. Organized by CrossFit athlete Sam Dancer, the first event raised $10,000 for Special Olympics Illinois. This year, the Row Raiser is being held in 12 Illinois cities with the goal of raising $100,000.
Since partnering with Special Olympics Illinois Southwestern/Area 11, Sam Dancer and his staff opened their hearts to training a few “special” athletes. This has made QTOWN CrossFit a model of inclusion for the CrossFit community. As the relationships grew, so did the desire to impact more Special Olympics athletes through raising funds and awareness statewide. This is where YOU come in.
- CrossFit Bloomington – 401 Bronco Drive, Unit D, Bloomington, IL 61704
- Unyoked CrossFit – 2413 Village Green Place, Champaign, IL 61822
- CrossFit 333 – 333 N. Randall Road, St. Charles, IL 60175
- CrossFit Influence – 708 Walnut Circle, Wapella, IL 61777
- Lincoln Park CrossFit – 2727 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago, IL 60614
- CrossFit Henosis – 500 N. Oakland Ave., Carbondale, IL 62901
- CrossFit Defined – 2750 W. Lawrence Ave., Chicago, IL 60625
- CrossFit Galena – 239 N. Main St., Galena, IL 61036
- QTown CrossFit – at CVS Parking lot – 30th & Broadway, Quincy, IL
- CrossFit Pally – 540 W. Colfax, Palatine, IL 60067
- Crossfit 350 – 711 W. Joliet St., Ottawa, IL 61350