The ILSO Foundation was set up as a 509(a)(3) supporting Foundation to support individuals with intellectual disabilities served by Special Olympics Illinois with an alternative revenue stream in perpetuity.
The ILSO Foundation provides resources and an appropriate level of support for the organization for non-recurring budget items such as:
- USA Games and World Games
- Capital expenses – such as the Tribute Park
- Technology advancement – such as the redesign of this website
Foundation Board members will utilize their resources and networks to drive the goals and purposes of the Foundation in order to support Special Olympics Illinois.
- Maintain a current Class A Volunteer Form
- Attend at least 1 athlete event per year (e.g. Summer Games)
- Attend at least 1 revenue event per year ( e.g. Annual Gala, First Look for Charity, etc.)
- Participate in at least 2 of the quarterly meetings/ conference calls
- Give or Get $5,000 / year – Special Olympics Illinois or Special Olympics Illinois Foundation
- Be a resource and advocate for Special Olympics Illinois and its’ athletes
- Have fun!
If you are interested in helping the ILSO Foundation with future projects or donations please complete our ILSO Foundation Interest Form below. Please contact Kevin Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
*indicates required field