Manager – Web Technology
TITLE: Manager – Web Technology
The Manager – Web Technology is primarily responsible for providing support and administering all web operations for Special Olympics Illinois. The position will focus on various web technologies as well as special projects as required.
- Benchmarks, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of soill.org and other online systems.
- Responsible for back-end website operations, WordPress administration and plugin development.
- Responsible for front-end usability and content organization.
- Work with other organizations and staff to define business and systems requirements for online implementations.
- Keeps current with the latest technologies and develop requests for proposals on new initiatives.
- Establishes and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent web operations
- Diagnoses and resolves technical problems, prevents problem escalation and provides solution tracking.
- Responsible for livestreaming events and other technology initiatives as needed.
- Works with Marketing and Program teams to ensure content delivery meets organization expectations.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science or related Field or 3+ years’ management experience in an IT environment
- At least 3 years’ experience with technical project and program management and delivery
- At least 2 years’ experience with WordPress administration and development.
- Advanced customer service troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Strategic thinking and an understanding of industry best practices, security standards and technologies as well as infrastructure designs and technologies and how to practically apply them to a work environment
- Experience designing and managing issues in complex, highly-scalable, highly-redundant environments
- Strong project management and capacity planning skills
- Experience providing IT solutions in a nonprofit environment preferred
- Software development/Program abilities preferred
- Ability to develop key business partnerships both internal and external, & build peer relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in areas of ambiguity and capable of creating solutions to complex problems.
- Strong interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence, and networking skills
- Experience with educational and/or ecommerce technologies
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence, build consensus and negotiate both internally and externally
- Based out of Headquarters Office in Normal, IL
- Reports to Director – Technology
- Monday through Friday with evenings and weekends as position demands
- Physical mobility required: must be able to climb stairs, assist in set-up and breakdown at events, stand or sit for long periods of time, and load and unload vehicles
- Medium work required, which involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; includes sedentary and light work
- Close visual acuity required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; operating motor vehicles
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required
- To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to Ed Uphoff at email@example.com . Position open until filled.
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability benefits; 401(k) retirement plan with organizational matching contributions