Manager – Digital & Social Media Marketing
The Manager – Digital & Social Media Marketing will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of Special Olympics Illinois digital and social media marketing strategies in order to drive brand goals and objectives. The Manager – Digital & Social Media Marketing must be able to create consistent, meaningful content on all digital and social media platforms and onsite at our events. The Manager – Digital & Social Media Marketing will be working closely with all Special Olympics Illinois teams, board members, athletes, volunteers and sponsors.
- Build, execute, and manage our social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Develop, maintain, and own responsibility for all company social media pages and profiles.
- Develop and implement marketing plan and calendar to drive traffic to all digital/social channels.
- Create and publish content daily. Includes copywriting, designing, and creation of all assets for digital and social marketing programs, including email marketing and social media ads.
- Write articles covering organization activities, programs and partnership
announcements – must feel comfortable interviewing by phone and in-person.
- Cover events. Writes web posts about the event and support social media posts
about the event.
- Develop digital marketing programs including email marketing, influencer/blogger outreach, SEM & Google for Nonprofits.
- Support Special Olympics, Inc. with digital and social media programs and events.
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging both online and offline.
- Collaborate with other departments such as marketing, Law Enforcement Torch Run and product development to manage company reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach.
- Contribute to thought leadership for digital communications strategy.
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
- Define most important social media KPIs and deliver timely, insightful and actionable analyses for all social media activity. Utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes. This includes tracking and analyzing followers, traffic, demographics, and campaign effectiveness.
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or other related field.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Experience with writing articles and blog post or similar types of long formats
- Conducting web-based research.
- 1 – 3+ years Communications experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Ability to assist the Director – Sports and Integrated Marketing in making recommendations to staff on existing communications strategies and methods to be implemented
- Excellent, adaptive computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work independently with some close oversight, but also a team player who productively engages with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Special Olympics Illinois
- High energy and passion for Special Olympics mission
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral as well as receptive (listening)
- Professional and resourceful style; the ability to take initiative and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required
- Writing social posts and conducting interviews.
- Experience with people with intellectual disabilities preferred.
- Experience with photography and videography
- Based in the Northern Office in Lombard, IL
- Monday through Friday with frequent evenings and weekends as position/events demands
- Independent in-state travel required, including some overnight and weekend travel as an essential function of position
- Close visual acuity required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; operating motor vehicles
- Medium work requires, which involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time frequent listing of carrying of objects weighing 25 pounds; includes medium, light, and sedentary work
- First Aid/CPR Training and Certification required; must be able and willing to effectively administer First Aid/CPR on-site during events
- Reports to Director – Sports & Integrated Marketing
- To apply for this position, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Teresa Crudele at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/11/2018