The Plane Pull features the ultimate tug-of-war competition! Teams raise funds for the opportunity to test their strength by pulling an aircraft 12 feet as fast as possible.
Teams compete in one of the following divisions (divisions vary depending on event location):
- Open Division: Ideal for companies, school teams, clubs, friends and Families
- Public Safety Division: law enforcement, fire fighters, paramedics, EMT, DNR, DOC and military personnel; teams need at least 10 public safety competitors to qualify for this division
- Fitness Division: CrossFit, gyms or other fitness groups
- University Division: a division created solely for students, staff and Alumni of Lewis University
- High School Division: high school students and staff
Why Special Olympics Illinois?
Special Olympics is a global organization that unleashes the human spirit through the transformative power and joy of sport, every day around the world. Special Olympics Illinois is a not-for-profit organization offering year-round training and competition in 18 sports for more than 21,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities and 9,000 Young Athletes ages 2-7 with and without intellectual disabilities. Special Olympics transforms the lives of people with intellectual disabilities, allowing them to realize their full potential in sports and in life. Special Olympics programs enhance physical fitness, motor skills, self-confidence, social skills and encourage family and community support.
For more information about Plane Pull sponsorship packages or questions about the events, please contact Taylor Wiscons at firstname.lastname@example.org.