Project Unify Internship
Project UNIFY is a school-based program designed to bring together students with and without intellectual disabilities to participate in activities promoting physical fitness and athletic training, youth leadership, disability awareness and advocacy. Project UNIFY is an exciting program that is impacting the lives of thousands of Athletes and Partners of all ability and grade levels.
- The Project UNIFY intern will perform and/or assist with the following duties:
- Update and maintain program records
- Communicate with project facilitators (teachers, coaches, counselors, etc.)
- Develop program materials
- Assist with data collection and reporting
- Participate in meetings and conference calls where appropriate
- Manage program supplies and equipment
- Prepare website and social media content
- Other duties as assigned.
- Internship can be done for course credit or not for credit
- High School diploma
- PC: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Skill working with social media (Facebook, Pintrest and Twitter)
- Can manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail required
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service attitude
- Ability to work independently with scheduled regular contact with supervisor
- Ability to travel to surrounding counties for events and projects
- Professional attire and conduct
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to assist in sorting, moving, and/or storing program equipment as needed. Must be able to lift over 40 lbs.
- Fall, Spring OR Academic Year
- Based out of Lombard, IL. Student schedules are accommodated, but candidates should be available 10-20 hours per week, M-F, 9am-5pm. Special events may require evening or weekend hours.
How to Apply
Fill out the online application at http://www.soill.org/careers/internship-studentworker-application-form/ and type “Project Unify Internship” when asked about “Applying for a Specific Position”.