Region D provides programming for people in the city of Chicago.
There are many opportunities available for you to get involved with Special Olympics including serving as a volunteer or committee member, helping with fundraising or competing as an athlete. If you live in the Region and want to find out more about the local program, please contact one of the staff members listed below.
Region D is a partnership between Special Olympics Illinois, the Chicago Park District, Chicago Public Schools and Special Children’s Charities.
Brenden Cannon – Director
Dani Chitwood – Assistant Director
Kathy McLaughlin – Director – Development
Jaimie Yagunich – Manager – Sports
Alesia Rivera – Administrative Assistant
Megan Reaska – Manager – Sports
Region D Chicago Office
820 W Jackson Blvd, Ste. 330
Chicago, IL 60607
Chicago Park District
Special Olympics Program
4434 S. Lake Park Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60653
Chicago Public Schools
Special Olympics Program
54 N. Hermitage
Chicago, Illinois 60612
Special Olympics Illinois is currently in the process of changing its volunteer registration and management software to VolunteerHub. This transition is being implemented by Region, one at a time, to ensure a smooth transition for everyone.
At this time, this event has not been set up in VolunteerHub. Please reach out to the event contact for more information.
What is MedFest?
MedFest is an opportunity for persons with intellectual disabilities to receive the sports physical required for participation in Special Olympics at no cost. Lunch is also provided by Levy Restaurants.
To find all of the information on Med Fest, follow the link below:
When and where is MedFest?
Friday, November 6th 2020
The United Center
9:00 am—2:00 pm
To volunteer, please email Dani Chitwood at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is required in advance?
Due Thursday, October 1st 2020
- Delegation Reservation & Transportation Form
- Delegation Roster(s)
- Class A Coach Chaperone Roster
Due Thursday, October 22nd 2020
- Completed Medicals – FINAL deadline for all medicals to be turned in for pre-screening. 75% of your medicals MUST be turned in for pre-screening or your MedFest reservation will be cancelled.
- Any outstanding Class A issues resolved. 75% of your Class A issues must be resolved or your MedFest reservation will be cancelled.
- Agencies qualifying for Fast Track will be determined after this date. (See item #6 on following page for Fast Track description.)