Revamped Format for Golf Venue at Outdoor Sports Festival
Special Olympics Illinois has formed a Golf Sports Management Team in order to enhance the golf venue at the Outdoor Sports Festival. After considering how to improve the flow of competition and allow for a high-quality competition experience, the Golf Sports Management Team has revamped the format for the Outdoor Sports Festival’s golf venue.
- 6-hole and 9-hole competition will begin with a shotgun start; 3-hole will be using tee times.
- 9-hole will be golfing in the morning on Saturday and Sunday and 3-hole and 6-hole will be golfing in the afternoon on Saturday.
- To keep up pace of play, all athletes will need to keep their clubs on their assigned cart at all times.
- Caddies will caddy off of the cart (driven by volunteer scorekeeper).
- Agencies providing caddies should register them in advance to help alleviate some of the congestion in the morning. Form is due by 9/5/16.
Please click here for the caddy form. The form should be submitted by the athlete’s coach only. It has tentative schedule along with general changes to format. Additionally, this form will be available in the Outdoor Sports Festival Handbook and sent to coaches.
If you have any questions about changes to the golf schedule, please contact Brianna Beers at 847-845-6481.
The organization was lucky enough to have quality and experienced individuals join the Golf Sports Management Team. This group met monthly and attended multiple Area Golf Qualifiers in order to make changes that will improve the State Golf Venue. SOILL appreciates their efforts and thanks them for volunteering their time. Members are:
- Ann Roytek-Rylko, retired NEDSRA Head Golf Coach
- Bob Gavelek, retired Head Golf Pro of Bartlett Hills
- Sam Osborne, Millikin University Head Men’s and Women’s Golf Coach