SOILL Shooting Game
S-O-I-L-L is a basketball shooting competition that takes place over Zoom in the same vein of the gym class game of H-O-R-S-E. Competition is between two Special Olympics Illinois athletes or two Unified Pairs. The athlete or Unified Pair who reaches S-O-I-L-L 1st or has the most letters at the end of the match loses.
Matches will take place over zoom over the course of weeks in March and will culminate with an overall winner. Athletes who are chosen to participate in this tournament will be asked to fill out a availability sheet and based on that we will create game times. Most games should take place during the day on a week day.
- Athletes will be chosen on a 1st come 1st served basis.
- Athletes will be notified if they are selected to compete.
- A Basketball.
- Access to a basketball hoop (Driveway, Park or Indoor Court). indoor COVID-19 safety protocols should be used when using an indoor court.
- Athletes need a valid Med App or Virtual Sports Waiver on file with SOILL to participate.
- Class A Unified Partner registration is needed to participate as a Unified Partner in this event.
- Participants will need to be available multiple times during the weekday for this event for 1st matches, Elite 8 and Championship games. Those not able to participate during the assigned time slots will forfeit their game.
- Access to a basketball hoop in a common 8-10 foot height range.
- Ability to use a video device with access to the internet.
- Ability to log into Zoom.
- Ability to utilize video and sound on Zoom.
- Ability to have an additional person from your household to video you playing the game (Not required but highly recommended).
Standard Game Structure
- 5 minutes: Technology/Camera Check, Introductions, Review of Rules and Coin Flip
- 25 minutes: Competition (25 min running clock. Clock will not stop)
- 5 minutes: Overtime if required
- 5 minutes: Announcement of winners
- The tournament will be single elimination.
Thank you for your interest in the S-O-I-L-L shooting competition. Registration is currently full for the month of March but please use the form below to put yourself on a waiting list April. All April competitors will be contacted in late March.