Staff Updates – January 2014
The following people have joined Special Olympics Illinois or received new assignments within the organization:
David Shindley has joined Special Olympics Illinois as Director of Sports Training and Competition at the state headquarters in Normal. He will be responsible for coordinating district, sectional and state tournaments to provide high-quality competition experiences for all participants and serve as a resource for competition-related issues at all levels of the organization.
For the past 5 years, Shindley worked at the Geneva Park District as Facility Manager & Special Event Coordinator where he oversaw the daily operation of the community center and was responsible for organizing, assigning and governing athletic leagues and tournaments. Prior to that, he was Programmer/Marketing Assistant at The Athletic Clubs of River City in Peoria and had worked for the Peoria Park District and Chillicothe Park District.
Shindley graduated from Illinois State University, Normal, with a bachelor’s degree in English Studies.
He is a certified Red Cross CPR and First Aid Instructor and received the Geneva Park District’s Inclusion Supporter of the Year Award in 2013.
Shindley has strong ties to Special Olympics – his family has been serving or participating in various capacities for the past 30 years with Special Olympics Indiana.
- Brenden Cannon has a new job assignment as Northeastern/Area 13 Director
- Matt Johnson has a new job assignment as Senior Director of Development – Torch Run
- Shon Morris has a new job assignment as Senior Director of Major Gifts and Special Projects
- Mike Rackov has a new job assignment as Chicago/Area 3 Director of Program Operations
- Denise Samulis has a new job assignment as Senior Director of Development – Corporate Sales and Relationships
- Corinne Zollars has a new job assignment as Senior Director of Marketing and Communications