UCS Leadership Certification
What is it?
- An opportunity to develop strong leadership skills to prepare students for the next level.
- Students who complete all lessons and activities will receive a certificate in the Spring.
Who is it for?
- Target age group is High School Students.
- Open to College students to further develop their leadership skills.
- Will be altered for Middle School students and offered in the Spring 2021.
How does it work?
- Developed in partnership with the Illinois High School Association.
- 10 45-60 Minute Lessons presented by students for students!
- Lessons will be available for 2 weeks and will include an exit ticket activation.
- All lessons are done online, any device will provide access.
- Students must keep up with the bi-weekly lessons or they will be dropped from the program
- #MYREASONWHY- Self Awareness
- Connecting with others
- Being an inclusive leader
- Presenting yourself in person and on paper
- Goal Setting
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving
- Cognitive Flexibility
- Registration and Certificate management will be done through a Google Classroom.
- Students are able to register for the opportunity anytime prior to the first lesson on October 1st.
- Early registration is suggested as this will only be offered to the first 1000 students!