Unified Champion Schools Internship
Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools is an all ages education based program that is supported through the Federal Department of Education. There are many moving parts to Unified Champion Schools, though they all share one driving force: the goal of activating young people and giving them the tools, skills, dispositions, and opportunities to build change and to motivate their schools to have true cultures of inclusiveness.
Unified Champion School’s diverse activities can be grouped into three major components: Unified Sports, Student Leadership and School-Wide Awareness. Each is a vital and required element of a Unified Champion School.
- The Unified Champion Schools intern will perform and/or assist with the following duties:
- Update and maintain program records
- Communicate with project facilitators (teachers, coaches, counselors, etc.)
- Develop program materials
- Assist with data collection and reporting
- Participate in meetings and conference calls where appropriate
- Manage program supplies and equipment
- Prepare website and social media content
- Young Athlete Program assistance
Fall Internship Projects
- Coaches Trainings
- Coaster Challenge
- Unified Soccer
- Youth Summit
Spring Internship Projects
- Respect Campaigns
- Unified Basketball
- Educational Contingency
- Young Athlete Culminating Events
- Internship must be done for course credit (1 Semester)
- High School diploma
- PC: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Skill working with social media (Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter)
- Can manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail required
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service attitude
- Ability to work independently with scheduled regular contact with supervisor
- Ability to travel to surrounding counties for events and projects
- Professional attire and conduct
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to assist in sorting, moving, and/or storing program equipment as needed. Must be able to lift over 40 lbs.
- Fall, Spring OR Academic Year
- Based out of Lombard, IL. Student schedules are accommodated, but candidates should be available 10-20 hours per week, M-F, 9am-5pm. Special events may require evening or weekend hours.
How to Apply
Fill out the online application at http://www.soill.org/careers/internship-studentworker-application-form/ and select “Unified Champion Schools” when asked about “Applying for a Specific Position”.