Special Olympics Illinois is excited to build a powerful team of family members to serve as official Team Illinois USA Games Social Media Ambassadors. Social media has proven to be a very effective way to raise awareness, share stories, photos and videos for Special Olympics Illinois & causes that matter! Social media allows people (and other family members) to engage in conversations that help innovate, unify & empower. Here are some of the more robust social media channels that you can join discussions, share photos & videos or follow conversations online:
A private Facebook group has been created for Team Illinois – Athletes, Family Members & Friends. Please request to join the group & tell us who you will be cheering on at USA Games!
- Join Private FB Page – https://www.facebook.com/groups/194592888012918/
- Answer 3 request questions so we know who you are.
- Share your photos, videos & stories.
- Ask questions and meet other Team Illinois athletes and friends/family members!
Please also follow our main FB page – www.facebook.com/specialolympicsillinois
You can use your own Facebook status update area in your profile to help raise awareness for Team Illinois:
- Tag @SpecialOlympicsIllinois in posts and use #RiseWithUs
- Post your own message, photos and videos encouraging your friends to cheer on your athlete & #RiseWithUs.
Add the USA GAMES Facebook Profile Frame – Will be available May 1, 2018.
- Teresa’s 50th Anniversary Frame as example below:
The official Twitter handles you should follow for 2018 Special Olympics USA Games:
- @2018USAGames – twitter.com/2018USAGames
- @SO_Illinois – twitter.com/so_illinois
Send us your tweets:
- Tag @2018USAGames & @SO_Illinois in tweets whenever possible.
- The main hashtags to use when tweeting about the USA Games are #risewithus& #2018USAGames
- When you see positive tweets in support of Special Olympics USA Games, retweet them and thank the originating handle and follow them!
- Tweet at your favorite celebrities and ask them to support Special Olympics USA Games. If they ask to get involved, please contact Karen or Teresa for additional assistance.
The official Instagram profiles you should follow for the Special Olympics USA Games
- @SpecialOlympicsUSAGames– instagram.com/specialolympicsusagames
- @SpecialOlympicsIllinois – instagram.com/specialolympicsillinois
Tag us on Instagram:
- Tag @SpecialOlympicsUSAGames & @SpecialOlympicsIllinois in posts whenever possible.
- Use #risewithus & #2018USAGames
The official YouTube channel you should follow for the USA Games
- Special Olympics Illinois – https://www.youtube.com/user/SOIllinois
The official Snapchat you should follow for the Special Olympics USA Games: @SOIllinois
HAVE A STORY? COOL PHOTO OR VIDEO? CONTACT US!
Alexandra McMillin, Media & PR Director
Teresa Crudele-Seidel, Digital Marketing Director