The Countdown is ON!
Special Olympics Illinois is proud to announce that 7 athletes, 2 Unified Partners and 5 coaches will represent Illinois at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games. The World Games will be held March 14 – 21, 2019 in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Over 7,000 athletes from 170 countries will compete in 24 sports, as well as a variety of initiatives and activities held across seven Emirates.
Please contribute today to assist with costs to support the following athletes who will have an experience of a lifetime:
- Saneatha Trice from O’Fallon will be compete in Artistic Gymnastics
- Susan Kuborn from Rockford will compete in Athletics
- John Wrenn from Chicago will compete in Athletics
- Daniel Cramer from Lake Villa will compete in Bocce
- Amanda Schumaker from Galesburg will compete in Bocce
- Grace Seiboldt from Naperville will compete in Swimming
- Josh McClennan from Bloomington will compete in Tennis
Donations will support purchase of uniforms and general wear, travel, hotels and meals prior to departure, training camp expenses and sports equipment.