What is the Young Professionals Board?
Special Olympics Illinois’ Young Professionals Board (YPB) is an active group of young professionals from all sectors of the business community who work together to advance the mission of Special Olympics Illinois (SOILL). As members of the YPB, these young professionals offer their multi-faceted skill sets, life experience, diverse perspectives, and the passion to make a difference for all individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Special Olympics Illinois's Young Professionals Board is dedicated to strengthening their community through philanthropy and volunteerism. YPB’s overarching goals are:
- Support SOILL and its strategic partnerships, events, fundraisers, advocacy, and community engagements, by integrating SOILL’s mission into every activity.
- Grow awareness for the mission. Educate your peers and the community at-large about individuals with intellectual disabilities and build awareness of the value of volunteerism and fundraising.
- Fundraise and provide fundraising support. Open new doors in the community to gain funding or in-kind support for SOILL efforts.
- Connect with corporate and civic leaders creating a deeper connection within your community and with SOILL partners.
- Provide professional volunteer support. Support SOILL with special projects in the local market including advocacy, program execution and participation, event support, and community engagement.
- Grow a local network of volunteers. Represent professional, geographic, and ethnic diversity and all those impacted by intellectual disabilities in the community. YPB builds awareness among the young and civic-minded.
Join a Local Board
Follow us on Social Media
Have any questions or an interest in joining Young Professionals Board? Please reach out to us!